Thursday, January 31, 2013

Heart collages - grade 1/2


This is a project that was born out of desperation - we had some incredibly cold mornings last week, and on Wednesday, my usually reliable diesel car decided not to start. I was able to call a colleague for a ride, but didn't end up getting to work until 15 minutes before the bell (much later than I usually arrive!)

When I got to work, I desperately scrambled to find something for my 1st graders to do. I finally decided to slice up some tissue paper and dictionary pages, and have them do heart collages! By the end of the 40 minute period, the collages were so beautiful that I decided to extend the project another week. The next time I saw them, we glued the collages to colored paper, and students used a variety of colored Sharpies and metallic Sharpies to draw lines and shapes in the background.

I'm so happy with how these turned out! They look so beautiful all together.




Some students balled up the tissue, and I love the effect it gave - it almost looks like roses.




1 comment:

  1. Aly, you are so cool, nd I just love every single project that comes out of your BRAIN! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...