Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Homemade paper clocks - grade 5/6

Here's a project that I really love - I did this with my grade 5/6 class as Christmas presents for their parents.

I bought 34 dollar store clocks, and laboriously took them apart (my husband really did most of the work.)

I gave my students the choice - they could either make up a design of their choice, or use a template that I created (I very much so got the idea for my template from this website -  the clock is no longer being sold anymore, but the design was fantastic and the designer deserves the credit for it!) I really love the way both turned out. As someone who isn't good at drawing, I would have loved to be able to use a template and make it my own with color. For the ones that created their own designs, I really let them do whatever they wanted.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share some of the wonderful ideas that my students came up with - hopefully the parents loved their clocks!

Original designs:

 
Template designs:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...